Wednesday, September 14, 2011


As most of you know I have taken a teaching position in Hong Kong for the next 2 years. Fortunately before I left I managed to connect with two colleagues and 2 former students I taught in Wenzhou, China. From left to right: former student X-man, Hans the Math Science teaching guru and my go to guy for all things Hong Kong, The handsome devil none of us can understand isn't married yet, Lawrence - Mr. Math and P.E. - he'd be perfect but he's a Yankee fan - you can start booing now, and former student Joe.

My flight was excellent - Cathay Pacific is leagues ahead of Air Canada - so anyone who thinks of visiting me - if it costs a few extra bucks - do it.

After a 13 hour flight and landing in the sweltering humidity I eventually landed in the Walden Hotel. Small but clean and the staff friendly. I may as well have jumped in a pool by the time I got to my room. Thanks to the Australian girl, the two Russian girls, a local Hong Kong couple and a fellow from Iran for helping me with directions.

For some reason I am not able to upload a bunch of pictures so my posts will be shorter. Tune in soon for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment