Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moved Again - Yes Still in Hong Kong

The landlord of my old apartment sold the flat and I requested to move early.   It's tough to make a home knowing you will move out in 3-4 months so leaving early made sense.  I contemplated living above the large MTR station and shopping mall.  But I have no willpower.  I would just go down the elevator in my slippers and by some Starbucks and eat out everyday.  No.  I decided to move to the building next to mine which forces me to walk.  Oh and the whole $600 a month savings played a role in the decision too :-)

My new apartment is smaller in that it is a one bedroom.  The bathroom is much smaller as it is a shower only.  On the plus side the living room is better laid out and bigger.  

My new dining table - love Ikea.  Living in an apartment in Hong Kong is similar to living in a Fifth Wheel.  You need to buy stuff you can fold up and that stores things.  The dining table has three cubbyholes on each side 

 I love my couch - so comfy.  Kitchen door is closed.
 
This kitchen looks small but is about 3 times larger than my last place - I can actually store things in the cabinets.  To the left by the gas stove is a window and fan that looks at the ocean.

 The rest of the living area.  Most HK apartments would not have this open area - it would be a bedroom making it a 2 bedroom.  I prefer the larger open space.  To my audiophile friends - yes those are Audio Note AX Two Loudspeakers.  Insanely good for the money - err just insanely good period.

 This is a view from the living room - I still have a bit of my old sea view. 

This is a view from my bedroom - I have the same view from the living room.  My old building straight ahead (10 years old)  My building is number 1 of 11 and is 22 years old. The pool on the left is for my apartment - it's actually a nicer pool - there is a second pool on the left with a big twisting slide for the kids (or me if no one is looking).  Same deal as before - Gym, tennis courts study areas, squash etc.  

Tomorrow is my last teaching day for the year.  Starting Tuesday I give students speaking examinations but I should be able to go home early (around 1:30) most days for the month of June.  Nice.  The weather has been getting quite hot but not too bad in terms of humidity.  May is a bad month but even it wasn't too too bad.  Maybe I am just getting used to sweating.

1 comment: